Sunday 10 July 2011

Steamed Yogurt Cupcake

          Today has been quite a productive day. That's because I was home almost the whole day as my husband is recovering from  flu. We only went out for a quick breakfast. So I managed to bake some macarons, prepared an ice-cream mixture (which I hope to churn tonight) and now I'm writing this post. 



          I actually made the Steamed Yogurt Cupcake last weekend after I saw the recipe on Dayang's blog, DapurKu Sayang. It turned out that the recipe was first posted by Rima. I was quite please with the my cakes because most of them 'opened up'. The cakes were moist and  tasted very good too. 


 I followed Dayang's recipe which  she adapted from the original recipe:

1 cup ...................plain flour
1 tsp ....................baking powder (I used 1/2 tsp double-action baking powder)
90g ......................castor sugar
1 tsp.....................ovelette (an emulsifier)
1.......................... egg
1/4 cup................. yogurt
1/3 cup................. evaporated milk
1 tsp..................... vanilla essence (I used pure vanilla paste)
1 tsp..................... cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ................ .coffee paste


Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the last two, and beat using an electric mixer until the batter becomes pale, thick and the whisk leaves a vivid trail when stirring through the batter.
2. In a small bowl, remove 5 tablespoon of the batter and add in the last two ingredients. Stir well.
3. Drop the plain batter into the cups. Then drop a teaspoon of the chocolate batter on top of the plain batter.
4. Steam on high fire for about 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...