Sunday 12 February 2012

Tish Boyles's Pound Cake



Plainly Perfect Pound Cake
Source: Kokken69
Recipe by Tish Boyle from The Cake Book

Ingredients:
200g/2 cups plain flour (I used cake flour.)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
227g/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
250g/ 1 1/4cup castor sugar (Like Shirley, I reduced this to 200g)
4 large eggs
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
80ml heavy cream (I used thickened heavy cream. This may explain why my cake turned out dense.)


Method :
  1. Preheat oven to 170C.
  2. Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
  3. Cream butter in a mixer at medium high speed until creamy (about 2 mins). Add sugar gradually and continue beating for 4 mins until light and fluffy.
  4. Reduce the mixing speed of the mixer to low and add eggs one at a time mixing until well mixed.
  5. Add the citrus zest and vanilla extract.
  6. Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating it with cream (added in 2 additions).
  7. Pour into 2 lined 3"x 7" pound cake mold (I used three 6"x 3" loaf pans) and bake for 60-70 mins or until the cake turns brown and a testing skewer comes out clean. (Trish Boyle had baked this at 162C but I had to use a slightly higher oven temperature to ensure that the cake is cooked through without dense uncooked spots).

1 comment:

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Hope you liked it Faeez. You've baked so many... the texture of your cake looks a little from what I saw in mine..but I love the golden hue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...