Sunday 30 December 2012

Bingka Durian

I saw Yatie's post for her Bingka Durian this morning. The bingka looks sooo delicious. The only way to taste it is of course, bake it! All the ingredients, including  the durian, are in hand. So, in just over an hour, the kuih was ready! The taste & texture are just amazing! No kidding!



Binka Durian
(makes a 10-cup mixture)

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup thick coconut milk (I used freshly-squeezed coconut milk.)
2 1/4 cup water
2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups durian flesh
yellow colouring
sesame seeds for topping



Method:
  1. Preheat ove at 200 deg C. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan.
  2. Combine all ingredients except durian & mix with a hand whisk until well blended.
  3. Add in durian & mix well.
  4. Heat up greased pan in the oven. Take it out from oven & pour mixture into the pan. Sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked.
  5. Remove from pan & leave aside to cool. Cut into small pieces & serve.
What I did: I combined all ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a blender bowl & blend mixture until well mixed. Then I strained the mixture. I used NordicWare bundt pan & baked for half an hour. (I didn't preheat the pan.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...